Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

This is a Summer treat I like to make on a hot afternoon. I normally eyeball the ingredients, but this time I took note and measured the ingredients so that I could pass it along to you. This smoothie is supper quick and easy, plus not to mention healthy, with only the sugar naturally found in the banana and a little in the yogurt, if the yogurt you chose to used has sugar. 

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1/2 c of plain or vanilla yogurt (I prefer Light & Fit's Nonfat Vanilla yogurt for smoothies. It is thicker than I would want if I was just eating yogurt but perfect for smoothies.)
1/2 c milk (your choice, but I stick with 1%)
3/4 tbsp cocoa powder
crushed ice (optional)

Directions:
1. Break or cut the banana into a few pieces and add into blender.
2. Then add in yogurt, milk, cocoa, and ice it you want between a 1/4 - 1/3 cup of ice.
3. Then blend until smooth, about a minute.
4. Scrap down the sides to make sure there aren't any pieces of banana that were missed and not pockets of yogurt that stuck to the side of the blender. 
5. Blend for another 30 seconds before taste testing. At this point if you want it thinner add a little more milk, or if you want it thicker add in more banana and ice. You can also adjust the flavor here too. 
6. I like to pour my smoothie into a cup and put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to chill it down just a little more before drinking

All of the ingredients combined in my bullet blender before blending. 
Finished product, yummy, frothy, delicious chocolate banana smoothie.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment