2/3 c milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 c flours
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2+ c vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in a deep heavy pot or skillet over medium-high heat. (To know that the oil is hot drop a pinch of flour in and you will know that it is hot if it sizzles)
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
3. In another bowl beat the egg and milk together.
4. Then add the dry ingredients slowly into the milk mixture, and beat until smooth.
5. Then funnel the batter into the oil, starting in the center and working your way out.
6. Cook for about a 1 1/2 -2 minutes on each side using a spider or two forks to turn it over, and then remove it to a plate covered into paper towels.
7. Then sprinkle powder sugar over the funnel cake to finish it off.