Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Now for Something Sweet...Hm...Rice Pudding?

Once night recently I wanted something sweet and decided I'd make up some rice pudding in my rice cooking. I'm sorry that I didn't think about taking process pictures until after I'd already finished. But here is the recipe to enjoy.

Rice Cooker Rice Pudding

1 c uncooked long grain rice
2 c water
3 c milk
3/4 c sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp of salt
cinnamon

Directions: 
1. Rinse rice under cold water and drain.
2. Cook rice in water on cook settings with your rice maker.
3. Once rice maker has gone through one cook cycle, add in: 2 cups of the milk, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and salt. 
4. Cook through another cycle string every ever 3 to 4 minutes. 
5. Add in the last cup of milk and cook through another cycle. 
6. Then allow it to stay on the warm setting stirring every couple minutes until it as reached the wanted thick consistently. Note that once removed from the heat the rice pudding will continue to thicken. 
7. You can then eat it right away or allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours or over night. I prefer to eat my rice pudding warm with a bit of cinnamon on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment