2 c baby spinach
1 c cooked penne pasta
3-4 grape tomatoes
vinaigrette of your choice
any other toppings you like with your salad
*I will say that if you want a little marinara sauce a few generous spoon fulls is also good
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente (which literally means "to the tooth", when pasta is cooked al dente there should be a little resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed). Drain water immediately to stop the pasta from cooking anymore. Allow the pasta to cool to room temperature.
2. Rinse and drain spinach; then add to a bowl with the pasta.
3. Add vinaigrette and marinara if you desire. I personally have recently fallen in love with Kraft's Greek Vinaigrette Dressing. Toss the pasta and spinach until coated.
4. With a sharp knife cut tomatoes into at least quarters, you may want to cut them even smaller. You don't have to have some fancy knife like some people think is required to cut tomatoes, you just need to start witht he very tip of the knife, that way it pierces the skin and then allows the knife to glide right through.
5. Add in tomatoes and any other toppings you would like to add and toss lightly.